Friday, April 28, 2017

Monthly Round Up: April Antics and my new YouTube channel!!!


Life Lately: Spring is in the air!! Days are longer, evenings are lighter and everyone’s mood has lifted now that the dark days of winter are behind us! 
There’s lots of news blog wise, the biggest of which is that I’ve finally taken the plunge and started a YouTube channel!! I’ve obsessed with watching YouTube for a while but I’d always been nervous to start my own channel, partly because it would require learning a whole new set of skills and take up a lot of time but mostly because it’s scary to put yourself out there and YouTube can be pretty brutal. Trust me I’ve read some of the comments that my favourite YouTubers get! On my channel you can expect hotel tours, travel vlogs and vlogs about my life in London as well as chatty tips and inspirational travel ideas. I’d love it if you would subscribe and please tell me if there’s any particular content that you’d like to see.

Here’s my most popular video so far!! Bear with me as I’m still learning editing skills and getting used to being in front of the camera!

Elsewhere on the ‘net, my blog was named No.3 Luxury Travel Blog by Vuelio, the PR industry’s most powerful database. Honestly, you see blogger rankings all the time on the internet and often it’s for SEO purposes or because a company want the blogger to give social media shoutouts but a ranking from Vuelio is more meaningful as the company use an algorithm to rank the media in their database. There are a number of factors at play here including social sharing, topic-related content, post frequency, social media influence, traffic, design and interactivity, so that being said I’m thrilled to rank with them.

 

SilverSpoon has also been nominated in the Flight Centre Awards under the category of Luxury Travel Blog, I’d love your vote if you wouldn’t mind checking the box for me!

Restaurants: I’ve been to some great restaurants this month, including a return to a favourite to try the tasting menu at Sexy Fish.
I had brilliant Basque cuisine at Eneko at One Aldwych and one of the tastiest brunches I’ve ever had at Timmy Green. One of my blogger friends thought I had shares in Timmy Green as I’ve popped there so many times! The truth is that we live nearby and it’s our new favourite place.

I had not one but two chocolate afternoon teas at beautiful luxury hotels, one at Coworth Park in Ascot….
…and the other at the new Four Seasons Hotel at Ten Trinity Square in London.

Travel: I’m about halfway through posting about our Maldives trip and you can read all about our first hotel, the beautiful eco-chic, luxury resort Gili Lankanfushi. I wrote about our beautiful above water villa, a tour of the hotel, the incredible food and all the romantic experiences. Here’s a video of my time there:

I didn’t leave the UK in April but I still got up to lots of fun adventures in my home country. At the beginning of April, Emma, Binny and I surprised Aftab with a surprise trip to Bovey Castle in Devon. It was a fabulous weekend of friendship, fab food, champagne and a little bit of mischievous off-road driving…

Back in London and it was another over-nighter with a blogger friend as Lauren and I enjoyed a night at St James Hotel & Club with a fantastic meal at Seven Park Place by William Drabble. 
My final UK staycation was a family affair as we all headed to Coworth Park for an Easter celebration! Mr S and I were joined by my parents, my sister and her boyfriend and son for our first family holiday in years!! Mr S and I actually have another family holiday planned with my parents later in the year so I’m really looking forward to that! 

Though I never left the UK, I did still take a flight this month…perhaps the most unique and interesting experience I’ve had since starting this blog. British Airways invited my to experience the upgrades to their Business and First Class product with a once in a life time flight from Gatwick to Heathrow.

Crazy right? And I didn’t know what to expect but we were in the air for three hours giving us long enough to sample the food and service on board and whilst on the ground check out the business and first class lounges.

In May it’s our three year anniversary and we’re off to Italy!! We’ll be spending the night in Milan and then heading to Lake Como for three nights in one of my bucket list hotels!

Blog Love: 

Join us from the first of May for a travel link up; if travel was a menu, what would be your starter (short haul), main (long haul) and/or dessert (a place with a lasting impression).

The post Monthly Round Up: April Antics and my new YouTube channel!!! appeared first on SilverSpoon London.



from SilverSpoon London

No comments:

Post a Comment