Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Why Not . . . Do What Brings You Calm, No Matter Where Your Travels Take You?

As a visitor in a country in which I did not speak the language, I felt more welcomed and comfortable than I could have imagined during my time in South Korea.

While I am still organizing my thoughts and inspiration from the journey, I wanted to share with you some images captured during a hike we took in Jeolla-do to Janggunbong Peak. Standing at 696 meters, the hike was steep, challenging, and it was no wonder we were only one of four sets of hikers making the ascent that particular sun-drenched afternoon. However, reaching the pinnacle made it all the more worth the while and the return foray quite quick.

As we are spoiled by the beautiful outdoors that surrounds Bend, Oregon, it was Mother Nature that I missed quite ardently (my boys of course were at the top of my most missed list) and South Korea does indeed have an abundance of trails, hiking opportunities and stunning seasonal vignettes which soothed some of my jet lag a craving I didn’t expect to be so powerful.

While the cherry blossoms were just beginning to bloom in many regions, where we went, they were a few days away, but I did my best to imagine what Naejangsan National Park might look like.

Needless to say, the restoration of the outdoors was powerful, invigorating and made for magnificent sleep.

Stay tuned for more on my trip in the coming days and weeks. In the meantime, you can check out TSLL Instagram (@thesimplyluxuriouslife) for a few more images from the trip.



from The Simply Luxurious Life®

No comments:

Post a Comment