Sunday, January 1, 2017

Travel Plans and Wanderlust WishList For 2017

Every year as part of our travel link up I look to the year ahead to tell you what my current travel plans are and those that I hope to add. In 2016 year I visited six new countries: Japan, The Philippines, Switzerland, Germany, Kenya and Tanzania and I revisited France (several times), Italy (twice), Spain and Hong Kong. There’s not many definite plans yet for 2017 but here’s what I have so far:

January 2017: Vienna, Austria

As a child the Sound of Music was my favourite film by far, I must have watched it about 100 times and I know all the songs off by heart. Having said that I’ve always wanted to visit Austria and though I don’t have time to visit Salzburg where the film was actually set, I can’t wait to take in the culture and history of Vienna.

Image from iStock

As well as admiring the beautiful architecture, exploring churches and palaces, I’ve definitely got lots of foodie plans up my sleeve. I’ll be exploring the Viennese coffee culture, sampling some schnitzel and finding the best apple strudel. Vienna is also the city of wine, and the only capital to produce a large amount of wine within the city itself, that said I’ll be sampling local wine and I have some cellar visits in my plans.
Tips for places to see and where to eat are hugely welcomed. 

February / March 2017: The Maldives / Dubai

I honestly don’t know how long the Maldives has been on my bucket list but I’ve pretty much wanted to visit for ever and ever! Mr S and I decided that this will be the year that we finally tick the paradise destination off our bucket list. As I mentioned in my Top Ten Travel Moments of the Year, I’ve become more and more inclined to enjoy relaxing holidays rather than madly trying to see everything, *Mr S breathes a sigh of relief*.
Not being someone that’s hugely into watersports, I’m looking forward to some warm weather, enjoying lots of great food, cocktails and spa treatments while we’re there.
Images of Huvafen Fushi are provided by the hotel 

Owing to the nature of the flights and the availability of air miles, we’re thinking that our trip to the Maldives will involve a stop over in Dubai so I’d love any hotel or restaurant tips for our time there.

Image for iStock

May 2017: Lake Como, Italy / Milan

A few years ago, Mr Silver and I visited Lake Como for a day trip whilst staying in Milan. We totally fell in love with the beautiful place and it seemed the perfect destination for our three year wedding anniversary.

I’ve booked to stay in Hotel Grand Tremezzo which has been on my hotel bucket list for years; here we’ll enjoy some of the best modern Italian cuisine, boating on the lake and visits to nearby historical villas.

We’ll also have one glamorous night in Milan, celebrating our three years together in style with dinner somewhere special.

On my Bucket list for 2017

Every year I create bucket list and tick one or two things off, this year I’m going to focus my list on the parts of Europe that I’ve always dreamt of seeing and aim to cover them all with weekend breaks.

1. Stay in the Gresham Palace in Budapest 

Budapest was on my wish list for last year and it’s still firmly on there! I will make it there this year and finally live out my dream of staying in the Gresham Palace, one of the world’s best hotels.

Image from iStock

I’m also keen to bathe in the thermal baths, see the view from Fisherman’s Bastion and take a cruise on the river Danube.

2. Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland

Iceland is another country that remains on my bucket list from last year, I’m still keen to see the glaciers and geysers of Iceland, take a dip in the famous Blue Lagoon and perhaps a glimpse of the Northern lights.

This is happening this year, I promise!

3. Drink Vodka in Russia

I actually have family roots in Russia so I’ve always wanted to visit, and not over discover the history but also find out more about the background to the literary history which I studied at university. But Russia is huge, where should I begin?

Image from iStock

4. Go for a ‘fika’ in Stockholm

When I was deciding on my January trip it was a close call between Vienna and Stockholm but I’m now planing to pay a visit to the capital of Sweden before the end of the year.

Image from iStock

As well as going for fika, I’m keen to explore the fashion and design in Stockholm and experience Scandinavian cuisine.

Those are my plans and my wanderlust wish list for 2017 what are yours? 

I’m also excited to announced that Polly from Follow Your Sunshine will join Emma and I as co-host for the monthly travel link up. I’ve been a huge fan of Polly’s blog for a couple of years now, originally from the UK, she now lives in Doha with her husband and baby Sophia and has all sorts of luxury travel and gastronomic adventures both at home and abroad.

 


The post Travel Plans and Wanderlust WishList For 2017 appeared first on SilverSpoon London.



from SilverSpoon London

No comments:

Post a Comment