Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A mini map guide to London W1, United Kingdom

I was testing the concept with my mini map guide to Lisbon, Portugal and it seems that it has been quite useful to many and the requests have started. So second up, is London. Creating this mini map guide to London has been quite interesting – namely when I realised that I limit myself to the W1 postcode.

London is a very large city with something for everyone – but my version of London (where I work, meet friends and spend the most time in) is indeed W1. Mayfair, Marylebone, Soho and St. James give me everything I need – from scenic walks, to fabulous shopping and quiet places to eat and drink should I wish.

london mayfair shopping mini map guide to london

It is, without a doubt, a great base to explore the city if you are visiting – and it is home to some of its busiest streets, but worry not, you can avoid the crowds.

I have created a few different sections – offering a few different options in terms of restaurants and bars (we do not always want fine dining!), and to make it easier:

  • Where to sleep – a list of hotels I have stayed at and really enjoyed.
  • Where to have lunch – from quick shopping stops, to some great fine dining. Worth nothing that you should absolutely download the Opentable UK app – and have a look at the special menus that many Michelin-starred restaurants offer for lunch. The ‘normal’ one is a 3-course meal with a glass of wine for £35 which is unbeatable value and, sometimes, these offers are available for dinner (usually til 7pm).
  • Where to have dinner – same concept applies. Sometimes you are tired after a day exploring and you want to end the day with a nice glass of wine and a cheese board. Other days, you will want some ambience. All restaurants I have selected are places we keep going back to.
  • Where to eat – snacks and breakfast – because we all need a little pick me up sometimes.
  • Where to drink – there are hundreds of thousands of bars and pubs and hotel bars. But some make me feel right at home and these are the ones I selected.
  • Where to shop – well well well, this could be a whole post by itself and London definitely delivers on this front. W1 really offers everything I need (and possibly a bit more), so these are some favourites.

 

mini map guide to london shopping selfridges

 

To have a direct link to the map, which you can bookmark, just click here.

I hope this list is useful on your next visit to London, and let me know if you try any of these places.

xo

Mrs. O

The post A mini map guide to London W1, United Kingdom appeared first on Mrs. O Around the World - a luxury travel blog by Ana Silva O'Reilly.



from Mrs. O Around the World – a luxury travel blog by Ana Silva O'Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment