Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Flying in Style with Turkish Airlines

Business class seating on Turkish Airlines. Courtesy Turkish Airlines

As a frequent flyer, I appreciate airlines with quality service and comfort. I have heard amazing things about Turkish Airlines for awhile now and as the airline who flies to more countries than any other in the world, I felt confident I would be in good hands. Thankfully, I was right!

I had the pleasure of flying Business Class with Turkish Airlines this month both internationally and domestic. I was immediately welcomed on board with five-star service. As soon as I stepped onto the aircraft, I was greeted by the chef who was smartly dressed in his all-white chef’s uniform. This was surely a sign of good things to come.

Prior to take off, they offer you a selections of cocktails to choice from and my favorite was the mint lemonade. Throughout the flight, we were treated to a variation of different culinary dishes.   For my main course, I ordered the grilled lamb chops which were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The quality and detail of the food made me forget for a moment that I was actually dining on an airplane. It is no surprise then that their dishes won the Skytrax Award for Europe’s Best Airline Catering Services.

My seat on the Boeing 777-300ER from JFK to Istanbul had all the great amenities I would want for an enjoyable airplane ride. Of course, my business class seat was comfortable and spacious, but I especially enjoyed the in-chair massage capabilities. After a long day of traveling, this is something I definitely took advantage of! There’s also plenty of leg room, as well as a handy reading lamp and power socket for charging my electronics. As someone who works while traveling, a power socket is definitely an essential on a flight!

They provide Business Class passengers with cabin slippers which are convenient for walking around the plane without having to put your shoes back on. The seats on the Boeing 777-300ER also come with an ottoman that serves as storage space for your personal items and as an extension of your seat in bed mode. It fit my purse and jacket perfectly.

The in-flight entertainment was fairly easy to use. The entertainment system included a good selection of recent movies, TV shows, live news and sports channels, video games, and audio entertainment.  You certainly won’t run out of things to watch to pass the time!

If you have the chance to fly business class, I highly recommend arriving early to enjoy the benefits of their luxurious airport lounges. Hands down, the Turkish Airlines lounge in Istanbul is the most incredible airport lounge I have ever experienced! I guarantee you can find just about everything you will need before or after a flight or during a long layover.

They serve more exceptional food at this lounge so you won’t go hungry.  If you’ve had a very long day and need a place to unwind, I’d suggest taking advantage of their suites to rest in. You’ll even be able to take a shower or enjoy a massage! What really sets this lounge apart from the others are their entertainment options for both children and adults. In Lounge Istanbul, you will discover plenty of video games, snooker tables, a golf simulator, cinema room, and even a Scalextric track that can virtually take you through Istanbul’s prettiest areas! Kids can also enjoy their own play area which is overseen by a supervisor if parents need a moment to relax or get some work done. What more could you possibly want?!

Turkish Airlines represents the best of Turkish hospitality! Flying business class with them certainly made my travel experience much easier, enjoyable, and memorable.

Disclaimer: I was a guest of Turkish Airlines but all opinions are my own.

Save

Save

The post Flying in Style with Turkish Airlines appeared first on Carmen's Luxury Travel.



from Carmen's Luxury Travel

No comments:

Post a Comment